Friday, December 23, 2005

Strike

For the last three days, many of us walked over an hour to get to where we needed to go - sometimes in freezing temperatures over the Williamsburg Bridge. It actually wasn't that bad. I felt a calmness in everyone walking across that bridge. Everyone seemed more present, curteous and strangely connected by fate. Sore hamstrings and hip sockets could not prevent this city from functioning. I am constantly amazed by New Yorkers and how they can adapt to any situation. Imagine if you took away all of the cars in suburbia for three days. I'm sure we would never hear the end of it. The people walking with me on that bridge just enjoyed the view and looked as though they were saying "it could be worse" and it has. Having had no transportation for over half a work week, I think, made us appreciate all of the things that we are so fortunate to have as Americans. It certainly put a new perspective on Christmas shopping. The media immediately reports all the financial losses from the retail sector. Maybe they should question the essentials of life. Do we need to express ourselves with how much we possess? This week definitely made me appreciate what I am so lucky to have and for the profession I am in, one that examines the experience of living.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the fall efflux of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=extreme movie manager 6.1.8.0 deluxe ?
I noticed the phrase you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the black methods of development of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home